Social Login: Using Socialite to Sign In with Facebook/Google
Founder of QuickAdminPanel
New function in QuickAdminPanel is ability for your users to login via social network – Facebook or Google. Here’s how it works.
First, you install a module called Social login:
Nothing changes in online version of your panel, but after download you will see two new buttons on your login screen:
For this thing to work, you need to enter your social application credentials in .env file, we provide those variables for you in .env.example:
GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID= GOOGLE_CLIENT_SECRET= FACEBOOK_CLIENT_ID= FACEBOOK_CLIENT_SECRET=
We’re using default Laravel Socialite for this function, so no other external dependency is needed.
Notice: we allow already registered users to log in via social network, but not register via Facebook/Google, cause our generator wouldn’t know what role to assign to those new users.
As usual, try it out at QuickAdminPanel.com
- PSR-2 and PSR-12: Why We Need Standards and How to Apply Them
- Laravel Routing – 8 Advanced Tips: Languages, APIs, Groups, Validation
- Most Popular Local Web-Server for Laravel: Twitter Mini-Poll
- Teams Multi-Tenancy: Add “Team Admin” to Manage Users
- Laravel: Login and Register Forms in Modal Bootstrap Popups
Try our QuickAdminPanel Generator!
How it works:
1. Generate panel online
No coding required, you just choose menu items.
2. Download code & install locally
Install with simple "composer install" and "php artisan migrate".
3. Customize anything!
We give all the code, so you can change anything after download.